Former drug dealers are turning to the hair extension industry at an unprecedented rate to reform their lives and find legal employment, all while allowing them to take advantage of the skill set they acquired in their former profession. Here’s 5 things the extensions industry has in common with the sale of narcotics.
- They’re both sold in grams and ounces.
- Many vendors still sell out of their trunk or in street transactions
- They’re unregulated industries. There’s no way for consumers to be certain of the quality of the product they’re purchasing.
- The majority of product being sold domestically is imported from other countries.
- Product is often “cut” with impure substances to lower cost, lower quality, and increase profits.